Friday, January 29, 2010

Why?

I learned this week to just not ask.  My great friend, mentor, aunt showed me how unnecessary it is to ask 'why'. 'Why' complicates just about everything. She taught me to 'be', to'accept', to move forward because 'why' didn't matter. Cancer doesn't discriminate. It doesn't care who it hurts, who is effected, or what lives it breaks. So, why ask 'why'?  There is no answer. It just is. And so I'm spending all of what could be my 'why energy' instead as hopeful energy. Not only is this approach healthier for me, but it brings such incredible positive energy to those who are fighting the cancer. Dad, I'm still keeping my promise to you. And when I find my mind wandering, I bring myself back to positive thoughts.

Nicky, you're the best. Thank you for all you have taught me. I am so lucky to have your in my life. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment