Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cultivating Compassion

This beautiful meditation helps us see others and ourselves through the eyes of the heart. Take a few deep breaths and rest your hands tenderly on your heart as you softly repeat the following phrases:
May I remain in peace and let go of expectations.
May I acknowledge my anger, fear, and sadness without thinking it makes me bad or wrong.
May I offer unconditional attention and care to others knowing it may be met by indifference or anger.
May I find the inner resources to truly be able to give freely.
May I be filled with compassion and loving kindness for myself and all beings.
by Karen Sothers

It is so easy to get LOST - lose your mind, lose your temper, lose your keys. The difficult part is finding what's lost.  The easiest way - look inside yourself. Remember, Self's powers are indefinite, even in the utmost uncertain times. So, take a peek. Invite the compassion into your day. You'll find an amazing snowball effect; the awareness of a brighter day, more smiles, and a new found appreciation of yourself and the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment