Friday, February 26, 2010

Cancer hurts, but we all have the inner strength to aid the wounds

This is a poem I wrote while sitting in the hospital waiting room during my Dad's most recent emergency cancer surgery. Hospitals are difficult, after being on both sides, I think the hardest part is for the 'waiter'. Family is much more than a 'role' - it the strength when your loved one is struggling to hold onto strength. Family are those who are there for you. Blood ties do not matter in hospital waiting rooms.....we all hold on tight to each other and gather strength for those who need it most.


Poem poetry writing words;
emotion anger hurt hate.
Let go.
Let go.

Rip tear shred burn;
lose emotion anger hurt hate.
Be free.
Be free.

Poem poetry writing words;
emotion calm happy real.
Live on.
Live on.


I'm not going to pretend - Hospital waiting rooms are anything but easy. They are not silent, calm, serene......rather filled with overwhelming emotion of every sort. Perhaps silent, but in scare. This poem describes my therapy to write my feelings, to assist in tending to the heavy air and long sit waiting for the surgeon to say Dad has amazing strength and is going to be ok.  Ok. Ok. Ok.

And now to call on my own strength to rip and burn my scare and move forward. To be. To live. To care for Self to best care for others. I send blessings to anyone in need of a bit of hope, an extra prayer, and a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment