Thursday, March 4, 2010

Make today a *Thank You Thinking Day*

Gratitude - There is so much in this world we are all so lucky for....and probably never think twice about it. Have a *Thank You Thinking Day* today. It's the little things that really mean the most....a hot water shower, friends near and far and family, even those you haven't talked to for years. They care. Just take a second a *think thanks* for these people. Feel lucky for the flowers that you thought would surely die that are now in full bloom. And for (in my case, that the rain didn't completely overflow the my backyard - 'our bog').

Everyone is entitled to sadness. So let yourself have a sad day - but be thankful that sadness comes and goes and think an extra thought of thanks for your health.

Today I feel lucky that my orchids are growing! Blooming? - No.  Do orchids ever re-bloom?  But they are loving life...no worries, no let downs, no gripes. Nature has a way of taking full advantage of *thank you thinking*. Something in our face daily, and yet why is it so hard to learn from? Maybe take all that's needed is a 'closer look'.

And I'm also thankful for the ability to realize 'thanks'. So easily overlooked. Today, stand still for a second. Look around...and enjoy. And more than ever enjoy your *Thank You Thinking Day*.

PS- No thinking about tomorrow....*thank you thinking* is about the now. For me again, thanks for reading! I'd love, love to hear about your *Thank You Thinking Day" - feel free to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Michelle, orchids do re-bloom!! At least mine do here in NE. I grow them outside in summer (year around for you in sunny southern Cal :) on the front porch, North facing under a roof and semi-protected from strong winds. But, you know NE, the winds always blow here, just sometimes a little less. The North facing means no direct sunlight until late afternoon.....maybe. And fertilize weekly with an orchid fertilizer. Good Luck!
    Love, Aunt Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Aunt Teri beat me to it. I love orchids because they are pretty hard to kill and I love how they re-bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need a bit more advise....plenty of new leave growing, and growing, and growing....but it's been almost 3 years now...and no flowers! Fertilizer must be the trick?

    ReplyDelete