Saturday, March 13, 2010

Be a survivor

My Dad is my Super Dad. He is living through both brain cancer and colon cancer...isn't one cancer enough? Through the past 4 years I have learned more from my Dad than ever. Most of all, I learned the importance of a strong soul and that positive pays off. I read these few bits and pieces from a couple of articles today and don't think the thoughts could be better said.
Life is both magic and tragic. We all have to face loss, failure, and disappointment sometimes. People who are optimistic find a way to recover. They develop resilience. Life is a series of recoveries. 
Dad you are my inspiration everyday. I've seen proof that smiling more, believing in the 'unbelievable' and looking forward to miracles not only strengthens daily life, but it gives hope to everyone you touch. You are so much more than a 'survivor' to me - you're my Super Dad. I look forward to everyday and the lessons I'm going to learn from you. I hope this collection of words give hope, faith, and a smile to everyone 'recovering' from any of life's twists and turns.


Most of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dad! I love you.

3 comments: